Okay, a day late again. Oh well. :) Your ten things for this week...
1) Nolan is on a "12 Days of Christmas" book kick. He wants to read it more often now and we have to read half of it and then sing the second half of it. Do you know how tiring it is to read that book? Especially over and over?
2) I am doing well. 29 weeks yesterday. I have still been having contractions but nothing too serious. It's also getting more painful. Just to stand, to walk, etc. More pain in the low stomach area and (sorry) groin. I remember being uncomfortable with Nolan but I don't remember pain. I'll ask my doctor next week about it, although she has not been pregnant so I don't know how much she'll know about it. I am definitely developing a little bit of a waddle though to deal with the pain. Attractive.
3) Nolan has gotten really good at sharing. Of course he is only really good at sharing when you have something that he wants. The other day he asked me for something I was eating and when I told him that it was my food and he had his own he said "Remember mommy? We have to SHARE. Remember?" If you ask him for something HE has it's 50/50 you'll get a positive response. He also forcefully shares with you - he'll offer you a bite of something he is eating (usually with grubby hands) and if you say no thank you he'll say "yes you do" and basically shove it in your mouth. Lovely.
4) For a while Nolan was changing clothes in the middle of the night. I mean entire outfits. Most of his clothes are in the trundle drawer beneath his bed. So after we went downstairs, he would open the drawer and pick out clothes. We'd come up later to find him sleeping in khaki shorts and a button down shirt. It was quite amusing :) He seems to have stopped recently though and will actually still be wearing what we put him in.
5)We find out two weeks from today here we are going. I wonder if it will go quickly or slowly?
6) I am swamped with work. It seems that all of a sudden people are miraculously available for weekday sessions when they find out my weekends are booked. I have had seven sessions in 11 days. That's craziness. (As a side note I am super happy with how some of them came out so check the blog!) So now I have all of the work to do that goes along with them. Add that to one session this Saturday and three mini sessions Sunday along with a newborn next week and you get one tired preggo. I do have next weekend off though. The baby does remind me every once in a while that I need to slow down... Note to future self, stop at 30 weeks or so... Only five more weeks to go...
7) Nolan still believes he has a baby in his belly. It went away but it came back. He'll say that his tummy hurts because the baby is kicking him. I told him to just rub his belly because that is what I do when the baby kicks me. He doesn't understand though that a baby kicking in utero is not a violent thing - just how the baby moves.
8) Speaking of, we got Nolan his first "big brother" book this past weekend. We've read it one or two times. On one of the pages the big brother talks about how he helps give the baby bottles and change diapers. I asked Nolan if he would help give the baby bottles and change diapers and he said "No." I asked why not and he said "Babies cry and scream and whine." Great. This could be fun. On the other hand he does like to give the baby kisses and say "Hi baby!" to my belly. He'll even come over and randomly rub my belly. I think he kind of gets it but not really. We'll see come December.
9) I have been making a list of things we need to get before the baby gets here. Exciting things like new washcloths, a sleep positioner, some receiving blankets, a boppy etc. Nothing too big. I stopped yesterday at Target and figured I would look at the baby stuff while I was there and maybe get a few things. Yeahhh. That was overwhelming. I got washcloths and then I started looking at all of the other things and I went to the bottle section and all of a sudden I was just like, okay yeah...washcloths are good for today. Gotta go gotta go. I don't know where it came from but it was just...overwhelming. To think about, to realize, everything. You get so used to a way of life with a toddler and then you are thrown back into newborn land. I don't even KNOW what to do with bottles - it's been two years since we used them!! Ahhh!!!!
10) And last but not least. Halloween is fast approaching and we have yet to get a costume. I went through two different websites with Nolan each featuring over 100 costumes and he negged each one. Not Little Einsteins, not Backyardigans, not a fireman, not ANYTHING. He said he wants to be a blue pig. ????? Where on earth will I find a blue pig costume if they even exist?? ETA: They do not exist.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment