Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1) Okay, let's get right to it. We find out tomorrow at noon. Yikes. I have all of these thoughts in my head - wondering where we'll match,if we'll match, what we'll do if we do, what we'll do if we don't. I realize also I'm saying "we." So technically only Matt matches but, whatever, it affects us as well.

2) I am now a silver-haired-free woman (not grey, silver). I got color done today for the first time in I don't know how long and I feel SO much prettier. Just what I needed. I am putting some pictures from last week up for you all to see of me at the end pre-color. My friend Bernadette and I traded sessions to get pictures for our websites and blogs.

3) Nolan is excited for Halloween I think... I told him that Friday is Halloween and while he wasn't super thrilled he did like the idea that he could wear his Mickey Mouse costume.

4) It's funny the words that kids say. Whenever we are watching a video in the car, or somewhere that it needs to be stopped, Nolan asks us to "plause" it. We have said several times "pause" but he doesn't quite get it through his head. The problem is becoming that we have also started to say it!!

5) Nolan had a great weekend in CT with the grandparents while Matt and I went to UConn homecoming. He carved a pumpkin with Grammy but apparently was not into grabbing all of the pumpkin innards and pulling them out. The pumpkin turned out really cute though!!

6) The baby is doing well. It moves pretty much nonstop the past few days and has apparently decided that it doesn't like me sitting down. That would be fine except for the fact that I sit most of the day... I'll go back to the doctor next Tuesday so we'll get an update on my blood pressure and other things then.

7) We can actually hear the roar of the crowd after home runs from our bedroom, we are that close to the stadiums. It's pretty cool, actually. The annoying part is that since I am not a huge Phillies fan I want to just go to bed but the fireworks wake me up. It will probably be very crazy when / if they win the series, especially in the city itself near us. What worries me is that they have a dumpster full of stuff from a house they are gutting two houses down and I am afraid someone will do something stupid after a win...

8) Nolan has become a bit obsessed with Dora recently. He got a new DVD at Grammy's and brought it home and it has been All. We. Have. Watched. Seriously. Every day in the car, every night after schol. If I have to hear the "pate pate chocolate" song one more time or listen to the "map" song I just might scream. It's just that Dora is always at volume ten, excitement level ten the entire freaking time. There is no downtime or quiet with Dora. Sadly Nolan really loves it and responds to it and interacts. But still.

9) Nolan has developed a very Elaine-like dance (from Seinfeld). He kind of jumps in the air and kicks his leg out to the side. It is absolutely hysterical. Thankfully it hasn't caused him to fall down yet.

10) We are having family / maternity pictures done this weekend by my friend Bernadette. I am doing her family and she is doing us. I am really excited! We have never had family pictures done and while I am obviously a photographer, to have professional pictures taken of Nolan excites me greatly :) And Bernadette is fabulous so that makes me even more excited!!

And now pictures of me :) Maybe I will continue to usurp Nolan on my parents' screensaver???


me1

me2

me3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful!