So hopefully I can *actually* come up with 10 things today...
1) I had my 28 week check up today. I got to drink the lovely super-sugary drink and then have my blood drawn an hour later for the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. Fun. Results are pending lab testing. I have gained back the pound I was down so that puts me at an even nothing lbs for overall weight gain still. As a result of that, I get an extra ultrasound!!! Kelli (my wonderful doctor) wants to check for growth of the baby and make sure everything is on track. The heartbeat is nice and strong, I am measuring right on with the measuring tape, she just wants a definitive scan of the baby itself since there's been no gain. (No worries at all for the concerned people out there.) So I get to see the baby again on Thursday!! Can't wait! And I am under doctor's orders to eat whatever sounds good. Sadly that's pretty much nothing. I get to go every two weeks now so there will be more frequent updates. I'll also (if they give me a pic) post pictures of Mini on Thursday.
2) I made the mistake of telling Nolan that uncle John (going to school in Orlando) lives near Mickey Mouse. Nolan is now convinced that uncle John lives WITH Mickey in the same house. He is very excited by this.
3) He also has taken a real liking to underwear. On his head. Takes after his mommy when she was little (not now). I am sure somewhere there are pictures of baby/toddler Matt also wearing undies on his head. I don't think (hopefully) I was the only wacko doing it at 3.
4) Still continued great success on the potty!!! Not one accident yet! I yearn for the days we can not do a pull up in the car "just in case" but I'll still take it. And I put in a firm request for TWO toilets the next time we go through this because my pregnant nauseous self is getting tired of emptying the training potty. And of having it in the middle of my living room.
5) Only 21.5 days until we find out where we're going. I have a feeling it's going to speed up now. I guess Matt's residency director spoke to someone at Brown (he can't tell Matt what they talked about) but it might be a good sign... No promises though.
6) Nolan told me that his baby went home. For those of you that don't know (or don't remember) Nolan believes he also has a baby. You can ask him where it is and he'll tell you some part of his body. But he told me the other morning that his baby had gone home. Apparently, however, it's back now. And now teddy has a baby as well. His is in his ear. Apparently babies are contagious.
7) I am very excited for the opening of the movie The Express. It hearkens back to a day when Syracuse football was great and exciting. Unlike today. Polar opposite of today. I cannot wait for it to open and am planning a date night to see it later this month! If you haven't read about it, it's the story of Ernie Davis who was the first black heisman winner from SU. Sadly he died of leukemia before he ever played a day in the NFL but left a lasting mark on the game. And no I didnt copy that from anyone, it's my own wording :)
8) I may have mentioned this before, but Nolan is very all about daddy at this point. I get kicked out of bedtime quite often in favor of daddy. And he wants to sit with daddy, wants daddy to read his books - if daddy can do it, he asks him to. It's very sweet and a very nice change. It's going to suck, however, when Matt starts his night float rotation in two weeks and is gone 5 nights of the week working...
9) Nolan's phrase of the week is "I'm not talking to you" If he says something and you don't hear him and you ask him what he said, chances are 50/50 you'll get that in response. "I'm not TALKING to YOU mommy!" I have told him that that is not a nice thing to say but we'll see if that sticks.
10) Last, but not least we didn't get to go to Pumpkin Land last weekend but we do plan on going this weekend. Should be a fun time, so look for pictures after Saturday :)
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment