2. Nolan and I had a conversation about the baby on the way home from daycare tonight. He still says that the baby is a girl and said he will feed the baby "bottles and spaghetti" and that he thinks "the baby is going to cry." I pointed out that he also cries. He chose to ignore that remark. There was a brief discussion in which he said something about "when the baby goes back in your tummy." I told him that once the baby comes out of my tummy it will stay out. He then told me that he thinks we "need a door" for when the baby comes out of my tummy. Rather than attempting to discuss how babies actually come out, I just agreed.
3. Why wear them on your bottom?

4. We had a great time trick or treating on Friday night. At first Nolan woke up late and VERY grumpy and Matt and I were joking that he was going to be "Pissed Off Mouse" instead of Mickey Mouse. We finally convinced him (with the help of a lollipop) to get his costume on and in the car. We met up with our friends Monique and Gerard and their little boy Blaize. Monique and I were both dressed up as pregnant tired mommies (she's 38 weeks). Nolan got the hang of it about halfway through and even tried to take some random kid's pretzels when the kid made the mistake of holding them out in his direction.
5.

Nolan vs. the stairs. After getting home on Halloween we did a late dinner and Nolan went upstairs to get Teddy. Apparently on the top step he stopped to adjust his sock or scratch the bugbite on his foot and next we knew, he had tumbled down all 14 stairs. Yup. 14. And amazingly, his most serious injury was basically skinning his nose. He had a small lump on his forehead that night but after applying ice there was nothing the next day. Matt and I are still completely amazed that there was NOTHING else wrong... Obviously this canceled our family pictures we had scheduled for Sunday. This picture is from yesterday and his nose looks SO much better than it did before.
6. Nolan has decided that "5" is when he will be big. If you mention something about when he gets bigger he will ask "When I'm five?" Or he'll say that he'll be able to do something "When I'm five." Not sure why five, but that gives us two years to work with. I can handle that.
7. I can't wait for the election to be over. I like politics and all but I just want this part to be over. I did my civic duty (as did Matt) and voted at the corner bar. Seriously, a bar. Now I just want the results to come in. And I want them to come in before I go to bed but I don't know if that will happen.
ETA: Nevermind, results are in. How wonderfully exciting!!!!!!!!!
8. No more movement on the names. I think we're still on Charlotte (maybe Layne) and Quinn. Now the wait's just on to see which it will be :)
9. We are now busy researching our new city. The good news for me is that there are really no portrait photographers in the Providence area that do what I do (non-studio work). Very few, and I am right on par quality-wise with the best of them which makes me feel pretty good. And I have several different connections to people in the area which will hopefully allow me to build the business up before I even get there!! We're also looking for housing somewhere within a 30 minute drive of the hospital but haven't decided the rent vs. buy thing yet. A winning powerball ticket would come in realllllly handy. ;)
10. Nolan's favorite song at the moment is Old McDonald. We sing it every night and Nolan tells us how many animals we are "saving" (don't ask me why we are saving them) and then tells us what they are going to be. He takes the task very seriously!!! He is also really into an alphabet book from VTech that reads a story and has the child push the next letter in the alphabet when it sings. I think it's a little simplistic for him but he loves it!
I would just like to take the opportunity to point out that it is not yet midnight so I *did* get this in on Tuesday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment