But today, it's all about Easter. As Nolan gets older I find myself wanting to do more for holidays. I have also discovered, coincidentally, that I should not be allowed to shop at Target by myself around such holidays. I go a little nuts. Not bad. But a little. I realized that the chocolate bunny Matt had gotten for Nolan had egg whites in the decorations so I said that I would go to Target and get him a new bunny and "just a few other things." Well, so I had a little fun. :) He got plenty of candy, playdoh easter eggs, a Thomas the train toy pulling a car with a bunny on it, a stuffed bunny holding an egg (who is now living in the crib with his 8 zillion other stuffed animals) a little bucket with wands for bubbles and a new CD. Yeah. Target and I get along really well!! Hahaha. Needless to say he was very happy this morning.





We had also gotten him his Easter outfit when we were up in CT at Children's Place. It just so happens that approximately 80% of the other toddler mommies I know ALSO got their child's easter outfits there. Not a lot of choice for boys! But it was so cute!!! Tan linen pants, a green linen shirt, a multi-colored argyle vest and matching argyle socks. :) Sigh...such a little man! And he actually put it on!! Since our backyard is concrete and since Matt was starting night float tonight I knew that there was
a) nothing to do outside and
b) nothing to do after about 1
so I decided that we would go after church for an easter egg hunt in Washington Square Park. Nolan did GREAT at church!!! We were so proud of him! Of course the promise of an easter egg hunt (although I am pretty sure he had no clue what that actually was) might have been the motivator for the good behavior. Once again, the homily and the dress code SUCKED. Seriously. There were people schlepping in in jeans and sweats and the priest talked about how we murdered Jesus. Niiiice.
Anyway. We left Church and went up to the park - it was gorgeous!! Sunny and about 55 degrees. I hopped out and "hid" the easter eggs in the grass/layer on thin green on top of dirt. Matt and Nolan parked and met me and we gave him his easter basket and told him to find the eggs. Being that they were in a 20 square foot area it didn't take him long, but he had SO much fun looking for and picking up those eggs to put in his basket!! Then of course we got to sit and open them. I had put m&ms in half of them and coins (he has a slight piggy bank obsession) in the other. After that excitement, we did family pictures and they actually didn't come out badly!!! I have a picture with Nolan I would be proud to display! No picture with all three of us but still... Then we came home and both boys took a nap and I did work. And now Matt's at the hospital where he will spend every week night for the next four weeks and I am catching up here :)
Off to find eggs

Got one!

And some more...(you can see they weren't THAT hard to find!)

When I told him to "show me his basket"


Checking out the goods


Time for the family pictures!





Bonus! A picture of me I'm not hating!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great Easter, I love the outfit! We got Devin's at Children's Place too :-)
Post a Comment