Friday, January 11, 2008

Missing daddy

I haven't written about it on here, but Matt has been gone now for nine days. Nine very lonnnnnnng days. He comes back tomorrow. He has been "test-driving" the UroGyn program up at Brown in Providence. Since it is what he wants to do his fellowship in, he's using his elective month to get some extra UroGyn work in - and what better location than an Ivy league program??? Unfortunately due to the nature of malpractice coverage, he isn't able to actually do any surgeries but he has still gotten to see patients and meet lots of people and see how another program works. I don't really want to end up in Providence but I think he really likes the program. But fellowship match is a whole other issue for another day. But he is up there and we are here.

And we miss him terribly. :( As many of you know, being the family of a resident is plenty hard. There are nights we don't see him and he misses Nolan's bedtime entirely. But he still comes home and I have someone to talk to and to decompress with and he's just there. But this time it's just been me and Nolan for nine days. Did I mention the nine days part? That is a long time with a toddler one on one. Granted, he is at daycare during the day, but MAN. He has completely exhausted me. He has obviously noticed that Daddy is not around and that has resulted in him being super clingy, needy, whiny, stubborn, etc etc because he doesn't understand the concept of "trip." He has to hold my hand all of the time, even going from room to room. He wanted to sleep ON me last weekend. He objects to going to bed, to going to school, to everything. I think he is afraid that I will leave too. And he is throwing temper tantrums to beat all other tantrums. Ahhhhh. I told Matt if he wants more children he needs to come home soon...

Okay. One more day.

No comments: