Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat!!!

We finally convinced Nolan to put on his costume last night for trick or treating - yay!!! It took a lot of cajoling in the car on the way home. I really prepped him for it all the way, telling him that when we got home we were going to put on his really cool penguin costume and go trick or treating with Baby Blaize!! He was really excited when we got home so it was easy! (It also helped that I let him wear his Thomas t-shirt underneath of course.) We took some pictures at home first -- our neighborhood was PACKED!!! Lots of families and kids. It was great. I love how people do it here -- everyone sits outside so you don't have to knock on doors and you know right away who has candy and who doesn't. Not quite as classy as the old place in Society Hill where everyone sits outside their fancy townhomes drinking wine. In our neighborhood it was sit outside with the ciggy and a beer wearing the sweats. :) But at the same time it felt really really safe and happy and homey.

One funny moment. When we got out of the car to go home there was a little boy about 3 all dressed up as a pirate with a little mustache drawn on and an adorable costume with a sword. Nolan would NOT go anywhere near him or walk past him. He was totally freaked out. Too cute! :)

W met up with our friends Monique and Girard (Mo is one of the 4th year OB-Gyn residents) and their son Blaize in their neighborhood for about and hour. Nolan got the "Trick or Treat!" thing down about halfway in, but also kept thinking it was a noun. He would occasionally hold up his bucket and say "I got trick or treat!!!" or "Wanna eat some trick or treat!" Then of course we got home and had to weed through all of the candy he can't actually have. All in all though, a really good night. Here are some pictures:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Look - a good family picture!! (Notice the Thomas shirt showing through :) )
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thoughtful penguin
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monique, Girard and Blaize
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cute, I love the Penguin costume (even with the Thomas shirt underneath). Sounds like you guys had fun! Love the family picture too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is just too cute!!! I love the penguin costume.Nice family picture too! I'm glad you had a fun evening.
Love, Mom