Nolan has become very independent recently. Like VERY. He has to do everything himself. All. Of. The. Time. Example - this morning I got his box of french toast out of the freezer which he didn't like and started that shouting cry because he couldn't open the door and do it. I gave it to him to take some out to put on a plate and told him I was going to go get his sneakers while he put them on a plate. Of course this set off another "No!!!! Mommy! I do it!!!!" And he threw down the box of french toast and ran to stop me and hold me back so that I couldn't possibly get the sneakers. He has to get the diaper, he has to turn the lights on and off, he has to put the lid on his cup, he has to do every single freakin thing and it is making me crazy. His new favorite line in this theme is "NO mommy, it's not your TURN. It's MY turn." My response to that is "it's always my turn, I'm the mommy." He doesn't seem to get that, surprisingly.
I love that daycare teaches them self-help. But seriously, this is going to drive me insane.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can TOTALLY relate!!! Devin's famous line now to everything is "MY DO IT" and if he doesn't get to do it it is a complete breakdown. It is driving me crazy too. I am glad to know I am not the only one, although I hate you are dealing with it too!
Post a Comment