So as my friend Nicole pointed out yesterday, it's been a month since I posted. Sorry. Life is a bit crazy here. Layne is getting bigger and bigger SO quickly. She is already 15 lbs and 25 inches long. She's growing like a weed - if weeds were round and pudgy. Thankfully she does still have a normally sized head. :) She absolutely ADORES Nolan. She will stop crying and he is the only one that, while reading, can make her laugh. In fact I have a video of him reading her a book and her laughing that I cannot figure out how to get onto the computer. When I do though, I'll post it. SO cute. Her newest thing is to blow raspberries. She thinks it is absolutely fascinating to blow bubbles and the noises that come out of her mouth. SO not ladylike but adorable nonetheless. In fact there are many days I will just sit here with here and we will blow raspberries at each other. She is also into giving kisses If you say "kisses?" she'll open her mouth and lean in towards you. We get slobbered on a lot. She also likes to blow raspberries ON cheeks, chests, arms, anything. She is also very very much into chewing these days. She has a strong oral fixation and needs something in her mouth constantly. Sadly this usually ends up being one of our fingers (she loves knuckles) or wrists. And it hurts. The girl has strong jaws and a really strong suck and hates any kind of teething/chewing toys. No sign of teeth although the bottom gums do seem whiter. She has also just in the past few days started sitting on her own for 5-10 seconds. You can't do it on any hard surfaces because she will tumble over but she is getting there. And she rolled over for Matt but I missed it. :( I think it might take her longer than Nolan to roll simply because Nolan's head was so huge that whenever we did tummy time his head just carried him over! Hahaha. Her head is only 50th% so pretty proportionate. She also talks ALL OF THE TIME. She loves to make noise, to hear noise. She is fascinated by hockey on tv - all that white background with brightly colored spots moving. She has also discovered a new angry cry. Not pretty. We are starting rice cereal with her this weekend and baby foods in a few more weeks. Can't believe we are already at that stage!!
And now for Nolan. Yes, Nolan is reading. In fact he is reading whole books. When we went to pick him up yesterday HE was doing story time to the teacher and other students sitting on the floor. He is one seriously smart kid. Scary. He is doing really well but I will not lie, he has definitely had his moments of awful-three-and-a-half-years-old-ness. NOT fun. Temper tantrums at three just blow the terrible twos out of the water. But most (75%?) of the time he is adorable. He still loves jamming out on his different guitars and playing long made up songs very very loudly. He also adores Layne and will speak to her in this high-pitched baby voice that she just eats up. He loves to read to us, to her, to teddy. Yes, teddy is still around. He kind of understands that we are moving but only to a certain extent. We drove to Providence last week while Matt was on vacation and showed him the house (outside only) and the yard and pointed to where his room is but it was rainy and kind of chilly so he wasn't that interested. I think the first week in June I will head up for a day or two and actually take them inside the house so he can see everything and see where he will be living.
Matt and I are doing well as well. He is on his LAST ROTATION AS A RESIDENT EVER!!!!! Yippeeeeee!!! This past rotation has been a cakewalk - he has been home several days midday. Next month shouldn't be bad either. He has 19 more days (!!) of work and then his graduation dinner is on June 19. I will not lie - I cannot WAIT for this to be over. This past year has been easier because it was his last year but more difficult because of the chief position and all of the responsibilities that came along with it. We are very excited to move and start over in a new place. I have already booked a few sessions for Providence and one person even found me on Google instead of word of mouth. (For non-computer/advertising people this is really good because it means that my website already has a high ranking in web searches for things like "Providence Family Photography" and I don't even live there yet. It is all about your search engine rankings!!) I will also be working with a phenomenal boutique in the area and shooting the owner's fall line that she designs. I am super excited to become a famous hugely popular photographer in RI. Okay, that's exaggerating it a bit but still :)
So onto some pictures...only Layne though, haven't gotten Nolan out for any recently. Plus, let's face it - she is a captive subject. She can't run away :) And as an added bonus she LOVES the camera.
See? sitting!!
Blowing raspberries - she even does this in her sleep!!
Even though she is serious I think this is my favorite. She is just SO gorgeous even without my mommy goggles.
Her usual expression and chins :) More raspberries










1 comment:
She's just beautiful! I love the wry smile pictures! Becca
Post a Comment