Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

I'm getting back into it. Or trying to at least :)

1. Layne loves to lay on the couch and babble at the cushion. I have no idea what she is looking at, but she is at her happiest flat on her back looking at the cushion next to her head. Babbles constantly and kicks and waves her arms.

2. I have successfully trained Nolan to shout "Goooo Steelers!" or "Yay Steelers" at random moments. Any random moment, any sport. We can be watching tennis or basketball and he'll let go with a "Go Steelers! Yay team!" This, obviously,came in very handy and made him very popular at the Superbowl party we went to. I am not going to discourage it especially since Matt and his family are under the impression that the children will be Patriots fans once we move to Providence. HA.

3. On that note I tried to make a deal with Matt regarding sports teams. He can have the Red Sox and the Celtics and the Bruins, I get the Steelers and SU. He said that wasn't fair. I think two pro teams vs. one pro and one college team is MORE than a fair offer. We'll continue to agree to disagree.

4. One of Nolan's new favorite words is "scrumptious." I have no idea where he heard it but he loves to say it and use it constantly. Whether he is eating a meal we prepared or munching on goldfish crackers. That and the old favorite "deeelicious."

5. I ran my first ad for the business. It was only a trial run for doing a real one in advance of the Providence move but it went over well. It was on Facebook and appeared a little over 100,000 times. Woohoo.

6. Nolan's newest thing is to tell knock knock jokes. He gets the idea of what to say but doesn't quite get how the joke works. Usually it is along the lines of:
Knock-knock
Who's there?
Nolan
Nolan who?
Nolan Joseph Rogalski!!!
And then he cackles in delight with his cleverness.

7. Matt had a wonderful five days in beautiful Florence Italy. Without me. The one in the family that has NO Italian in him went to Italy. He was presenting a paper at a conference and apparently it went quite well. Apparently the food was also to die for. Oh well. He says he plans to take me in the future without children. Right now I think I would go to Hoboken on vacation if it meant no children and just the two of us...

8. Layne has startled drooling and constant bubbling. She is also really liking to chew on fingers and knuckles. We are hoping this doesn't mean early stages teething but all signs appear to point to it.

9. We have started working with a realtor in Providence in an attempt to find a house. I am still leaning towards renting but love the idea of owning our own place. However, if all of the houses are like the one I saw last weekend, we will definitely be renting. Yellow, forty year old appliances scare me. So does plaid wallpaper and pink bathrooms. And 7 foot ceilings with a 6 foot ceiling-ed shower.

10. Nolan has started reading. Not like random words, seriously reading. You can show him a book he has never seen (a kids book) and he will read it. He's gotten letters from both sets of grandparents and read them. Obviously he still needs help with some words but wow. He did a two page letter from my parents today and only needed us for four words. We cannot fathom how big his word recognition vocabulary is. Matt started reading when he was four so I guess it's in the genes. But still, it's scary!! We won't be able to hide things from him for long. :) He has already figured out the names of his shows when we are doing the tv guide and will yell at us to stop!

No comments: