Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Making cookies

This past weekend, my parents came to visit since Matt was out of town at a conference. (Yup, happy mother's day!) One of the things we finally got to do was make cookies. I loved making cookies when I was little (and still do!) and missed doing it with Nolan. As most of you know, Nolan is severely egg allergic. As in he ends up in the emergency room if he has any kind of egg ingredient whatsoever. Well, I finally found a mix that didn't require eggs!! Cherrybrook Kitchens has wonderful mixes that are completely allergen free. No nuts, eggs, anything. So I finally got to have the baking experience! He helped me pour all of the mix into the bowl and stir it together. Then he helped roll them into balls (okay, his were more like logs) and put them on the cookies sheet. I stopped after a while and let my mom do it with him so I could snap some photos.

And in the end, they actually tasted okay! A little gritty, almost as if they had coconut in them, but pretty good! And most importantly Nolan got to have chocolate chip cookies - something he had never had! The little things in life :)

Cookies 1

Cookies 2

Notice the tongue out in concentration!
Cookies 3

Cookies 4

The fire hat makes everything better!
Cookies 6

Cookies 7

1 comment:

Tami said...

It lokks like Nolan had a lot of fun making cookies. I LOVE the firefighter hat, he's such a cutie!