Friday, December 14, 2007

No mommy, it's MY birthday

So my birthday is on Monday. The big 3-0. I am feeling old. Very old.

I have tried explaining to Nolan that he is going to see his grammy and djiadju this weekend as well as his auntie Sara because "it's Mommy's birthday!" To which he promptly responds "yay! It's my birthday!" And I try again, "no honey, we already had your birthday, it's mommy's birthday this time." And he says "No mommy, it's NOT your turn. It's MY birthday!" So again I gently say "well honey, it's really mommy's birthday and we're having a birthday party for mommy!" (Not that I know any details of it except that there IS one. I don't know who is coming, where it is, what we're doing, nothing at all.) And he says "Yay! Birthday party for Nolan!" Ummm, no. Been there, done that, kid. You had your party in September. I gave up.

He'll be pretty disappointed when they don't sing Happy Birthday Nolan this time... Of course this morning after this conversation he also promptly turned around and said "I want chicken nuggets for breakfast!" So maybe he's already forgotten.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hope you have a Happy Birthday and a FUN party! Can't wait to hear the details.

Oh and Devin would do the same thing, anytime we mention anyones birthday it all of a sudden turns into his and then all we hear about is when are we having cake?